1.08.2015

Rest Day!

Being laid off makes for the best rest days.  After my morning coffee, I went and took an epsom salt bath to try to ease the incredible soreness in my glute/hamstring area.  The only bad part is that the salts we have are eucalyptus mint.  Great while you're actually in the bath. But the minty aspect means when you get out, and dry off...you still feel cold!  Now I'm drinking my lunch shake (was supposed to be breakfast but I slept in and then was doing other stuff.
I just wanted to share because it's surprisingly good for me just throwing random stuff into the blender!

2 big handfuls of spinach
8oz unsweetened soy milk (I usually prefer almond but for some reason bough soy?)
1 scoop Greenberry Shakeology
1 apple
juice of 1 lemon
4 ice cubes.

It made about a 28oz smoothie, and it's really bright and fresh and I'm quite a fan.  It's also incredibly vibrantly green and for some reason I love when my smoothies look as healthy as they are. I don't usually put apple in my smoothies because my blender isn't really strong enough to pulverize the skins so there were occasional bits to chew through. But I bought apples, oranges and lemons and I need to get them consumed, one way or another!
I've just decided that one of my 2015 resolutions is to shop smarter so that we have less waste! I can't tell you the number of times that we have forgotten a cucumber or zucchini in the back of the fridge and don't realize until it's so mushy that I gag when I have to pick it up.
So no more of that this year! Eating or finding something to do with food before it goes bad! We live like 3 blocks from a Safeway so we should really focus more on buying less and getting more as we need it.

No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods