7.12.2014

DIY

I'm so antsy to get started on my first big home DIY project.  I'm planning on making upholstered headboards for the master and spare bedrooms, as well as some cushion covers for the lovely decorative feather pillow forms from Ikea that I scored. ($10 for a feather filled Euro pillow!? Yes please!)
So. Originally I wanted to surprise Devin and have a headboard made when he got home from one of the rounds working away.  But then I started thinking. He has to live in this room too, and he should get equal say in the shape and style of the headboard.
We are both leaning to either Belgrave, Alexander or just plain Oxford for the master, and a modified Eccleston for the spare room. My original plan was to deep button tuft the master headboard, but after getting my Euro pillows, I thought, what's the point in spending all that time and effort button tufting if I'm just going to cover it with pillows? So now I'm thinking a row or two of nailhead trim, which I was already going to do in the spare room. 

Double nailhead trim *and* the button tufting, Belgrave shape
Double nailhead trim, Oxford shape
Single row nailhead trim, Eccleston shape inspired.
Basically this is my spare room inspiration.

 I already have a pretty silvery light grey satin type fabric to cover the master headboard with, and I'm thinking a light, burlap/canvas type natural colored fabric for the spare room. There is one I like at Fabricland but I'm not crazy about the $15 a meter.



No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods